Monday 27 October 2014

Poster first draft

I chose to use a simple poster design for my first draft, using influences from many jazz band advertisements.  One that caught my eye was 'Cool Struttin' by Sonny Clark, I liked the idea of the subtitles below the main heading in a list on the right of the poster, therefore decided to use a similar technique on my design.  Also, the 'Cool Struttin' poster looks vintage which is the style I am going for as my band are based in the 60's/70's era.  I decided to use jazz posters as inspiration as this is a genre of music which was at its peak during the mid 20th century, a similar time period to my band.  When printing my poster I had problems with the quality of the printer therefore the picture was very dark, also the printer cut off part of the picture which I didn't think about however thats why I did a draft in the first place so I could learn from these mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment