Monday 22 September 2014

Final Music Video Idea

Final Idea

After thinking carefully over the last few weeks, I feel that I have thought out what will hopefully be a successful music video.  The video will mainly be a performance video with the whole band playing together in a room, but with them also playing individual in a recording studio in the same building.  During the time when the band are playing, in the same room I will gather a crowd of people and have them dress in the same style as my target audience (Mods) however as my video is made to look vintage and 'old school' therefore the crowd will be dressed as mods would have looked back in the 60's and 70's e.g. desert boots, parkas/smart jackets.  They will be two stepping as a Mod would dance, also I will have a Lambretta scooter which Mods are known for driving and film it being driven into the car park of the venue.
My video will be edited black and white to make it look like it was filmed in the 60's/70's, this gives it a much more vintage feel which is the effect I'm going for.  The main focus of my video will be the frontman of the band Tommy Cobley, this is because he will be singing, the lyrics are the part of the song that people who don't play an instrument remember the most therefore will want to see him performing them.  Due to this, Cobley will stand out over the others in the band, I will make this happen by dressing him in different clothes than the rest of the band making him the centre of attention.  The video will cut back every now and again to Cobley in a booth singing into a mic with headphones on, Kieran on the drums in his booth and also Morgan (bassist) and Tom (guitar) playing their instruments in a room with a large mixing desk which gives the effect of a real band recording a new song.  In the main room where the band will be performing, I will put in leather sofas making it look like an old school, small club venue.  I will make sure there is nothing in the video that wouldn't have been invented during the early 70's as the video is going to be set in this era and has to have verisimilitude.
In terms of lighting, I need to make the room as bright as I can as the video is going to be edited black and white, if the video isn't bright enough then it will be too dark to see the band after it gets edited.  I will make a 22" sticker to fit on the bass drum skin with the RAF symbol on it as this was the logo that the Mods chose to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment